PETITION: JOIN JONATHAN REYNOLDS MP’S CAMPAIGN FOR SCHOOL SAFE ZONES
One of the concerns parents raise with me most frequently is dangerous parking and speeding around schools. For too many people, doing the school run has become stressful and hazardous. Parents and children have also complained about dog fouling near schools, as well as having to walk through a cloud of other parents’ smoke at the school gates. Both of these present preventable health hazards to our kids. Keeping our children safe of their walk to school should be a top priority.
Tameside Council has begun some good work on these areas but I would like to challenge them to go further and show national leadership on this issue, creating “School Safe Zones” for every zone.
I call on Tameside Council to achieve School Safe Zones with:
1) A 20 mile around the immediate vicinity of every primary and secondary school to reduce speeding
2) Measures to ensure pavements near schools are free from dangerous parking
3) Measure to support more families to be able to walk or cycle to school
4) Zero tolerance for dog fouling on routes to school
5) Zero tolerance for smoking near school gates
Please sign the petition below to show your support